Monday, February 27, 2012

2/27/12


What the fuck!!!!!! I hate the wind. Robyn and I met Jelle at 8am and road to S&S to meet McG and Co. The wind was in our face the whole way, I was warm though. When we got there we had to hang for like 10 minutes and in that time I got cold real cold. I didn't warm up on the ride to the park so when we waited there for 10 minutes I was gone. The ride started there was about 60 to 70 guys. We just rolled out easy down rt10 I guess waiting for Crowell to attack. Robyn's front shiftier cable broke when we turned on to the back roads. I was dealing with that when all hell broke lose at the front. By the time I relized what was happening a group of 30 had ripped the pack apart. I was in the 4th group. I chase for like 2 miles to get to the front group. The yale team took the ride by the scruff of its neck. When we got to the light at rt68 there was about 30 guys left on the ride. The wind was in our face and there was still 25 miles to go. The yale guys were pushed aside now and the big boys were setting the pace now. Of note McG, Krusty, Amos Brumble and a few others. Hacker was doing his usual attack and dangle move, there were no takers today for that shit. I think due to the wind more than anything. I hit it by the industrial park with Josh. The wind was too much for two guys though. From that point on the group had a steady set of guys rotating. I never went back to far in the group but I'm sure that ejection notices were being handed out all the time. When we got to the turn around the group was down to 20 guys or so. With the wind at our backs now we flew towards the giant. Guys were trying to get away but nothing was going anywhere. When we got on rt10 the pace was fast. The lights were a hassle to say the least. As we hit the death pull zone I took a long hard pull and Hacker and someone else came off my wheel. When I looked back the group was 100 meters behind. I wasn't interested in riding in off the front. Krusty came by and wanted me to go with him but I waited for the group. When they got to me I took a long pull went by the faltering Krusty and set off with Hacker group in my sites. I pulled off with about 20 meters to them and the guy on my wheel wouldn't pull threw. If your stuffed suck it up pull threw and pull off. Don't make noises and tell me your shot. I don't know what happened after that but the flow was gone. Next week is Bethel thats when we see whats what.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Rondo. Hope you have a good season.

PB

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rondo on the Sunday write-ups for this winter's season of the SGR.

Can't wait till the Tuesday night SGR ride (March 13 start?) for some real reporting.

Anonymous said...

I too would like to thank Rondo for his weekly recaps. I would look forward to reading his science fiction every week. Sometimes I would wonder if he was even on the same ride. Anyway it was a fun winter and now we can look forward to the Tuesday night ride. Soon we will be doing the long loop again.

Chris C

Anonymous said...

ha

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Perfectly stated! Although they were still very entertaining reads.
:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some good old fashion #cocksizing