Monday, February 13, 2012

2/13/12

Ok I limped back to the start finish and assessed my damage. I had 3 bent spokes and a really out of true wheel. I asked the promoter if there were any mechanics that he knew at the race. He told me of a bike shop down the road. I got Robyn's wheel and ask him if I could jump back in the race on the next lap to get the miles in. This one will blow your mind he replied why don't we sign you up for the 40+ race. I said I didn't want to pay and he was like no we will put you in the race. There is something you will never see up north. As rubeish as these fucks are down here they are light years ahead of us at races. Its all computerized and you don't need you LIC they also have chips that you put on your fork with sensors so there is no cameras. You can also pay for your race with a Credit card day of. I had to wait like 25 minutes for the 40+ race to start. When they lined us up they said the 1/2 race us 2k out and they would catch us if we didn't ride hard from the get go. We started off pretty fast but nothing like the 1/2 start. Dont get me wrong it was still fast. We got around the course with no sign of the 1/2's then with 2k to go on the lap a Kenda rider came up there was a guy up the road from our race suffering in the wind all by himself but I didn't think any thing of it at the time. Then something I never saw before in a race the official made us pull over a stop. We waited 5 minutes for all the 1/2's to come by. I will finish this when I get home, got to catch a plane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a red neck. And you're old. You should move down there.


PB

Rondo said...

looking into it.